Forums » 2008 » Playoff Implications

Messages for Playoff Implications

Comment Posted by btweedlie15 Oct 29, 2008 03:30 AM

Got some free time on my hands...so i figured i'd break down the playoff scenerios for this weeks games. Some get tricky...so stay focused!!!

Realty- Win or lose....#1 seed. Congrats!!!
Reil's- Win #2.
Lose and Dolphins lose...#3.
Lose and Dolphins win...4/5 game
EH All-Starrs-
Win #2
Lose and Dolph and Starrs lose...#3
Lose and either Dolph or Starrs win..4/5 game
Dolphins-
Win and Starrs lose..#3
Win and Starrs win...4/5 game
Lose 4/5 game

Got all that...cuz here's where it gets ugly...since the POW/Body game was never played..they both get a free pass in.

POW- Win and Body loss #6
Win and Body win #6 or 7...once again the game that never happened!!!
Loss and Body win #8
Loss and Body loss...#7 or 8...refer to 2 lines up!!!

Body- Win and POW loss #6
Win and POW win #6 or 7..see POW above
Loss and POW win #7
Loss and POW loss #7 or 8...I won't refer the the no-game again!!!

NEFA- Win and Body loss #6
Win and Body win #7
Loss and Raiders Loss #8
Loss and Raiders win and Dumpstar loss...OUT!!!
Loss and Raiders win and Dumpstar win...goes to points...Raiders lead in points over NEFA by 20 and Dumpstar by 22!!!

So basically the Raiders and Dumpstar are getting screwed by the NO-GAME and are forced to run up the score and hope for some help!!! I know...i said i wouldn't refer to it again...but it just doesn't make any sense to me!!! Someone needs an L and someone should get the W!!!!

Anyway...good luck to all that are in...for the first year in a long time...probably ever...1 through 8 could go either way in the playoffs!!!

Comment Posted by btweedlie15 Oct 29, 2008 03:59 AM

I forget to put the Starrs scenerios in...sorry guys...just an oversight...has nothing to do with the fact that you released me and my brother earlier this year!!!!

Starrs - Win and #3 if Dolphins also win. This comes down to a point tie breaker with Dolphins and Reil's
Win and Dolphins lose 4/5 game VS. Dolphins
Loss and 4/5 game

Also...the Dolphins first line was suppossed to say
Win and All-Starrs win along with Starrs loss #3

Comment Posted by btweedlie15 Oct 29, 2008 04:22 AM

the Starrs being the #3 seed was with the All-Stars winning. The win and Dolphins loss was with All-Stars also winning

The Dolphins 2 winning scenerios was also with All-Stars winning....sorry

Comment Posted by TShea21 Oct 29, 2008 08:11 AM

A lot of confusion about what's going on with the Body by Design and Pastrami on Wry game - which may still HAVE to be played IF it has ANY playoff implications. Neither team will get a free pass and as it is right now neither is. Our league points are driven by WINS - there are no deductions for losses and therefore neither BBD or POW has been awarded the 2 points for a WIN or the 1 point for a tie - so actually it is like they both LOST the game. Eithe BBD or POW could still NOT make the playoffs. BBD lost to NEFA and Dumpstar; POW lost to the Raiders and still has to play NEFA. Looks like 5 wins will get them both in...so Brad is absolutely correct in the fact that there are a number of scenarios; HOWEVER, there will be no free pass for BBD or POW or anyone else.

It was unfortunate that this happened and we, as the league, have to do better about "miscommunicating" with players but the rules are the rules and we have to make adjustments when the league is in the wrong. We have made allowances for it and I can promise folks that there are no free passes.

Good luck to everyone this week.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com