Forums » 2008 » Another Great Year....

Messages for Another Great Year....

Comment Posted by TShea21 Nov 25, 2008 04:47 AM

Just want to say thanks to all referees, players and league officials for another great season. As I've said before - I think this is the best run, best officiated league in the area. We have a lot of very talented players and, even more importantly, guys committed to making this league work. We have differences and decisions to make as a league but we always seem to find a way to come together and figure it out.

It has been great serving as your President for the last few seasons and I am proud to say that the state of the league is very strong. We've added a number of talented teams over the past few years and I think that is best evidenced by an all "non-Enfield" Superbowl and our 2008 Champions Pastrami-on-Wry. The 2 East Hartford Teams and the Raiders have really added to league parody and depth. Again, evidenced by this year's first round of playoffs in which the 5th, 6th and 7th seeds advanced and the 8th seed went to triple OT!

We have to continue to work together to keep this league at a high level. We have some work to do to get the rules consistent so everyone's on the same page, etc. but I am confident that we have the folks to do it.

Looking forward to 2009 Fellas - again, great job and thanks for trusting in me enough to be your president. (And for those of you that were there when that original vote actually occurred - well, you know the real story of how I was "elected"!!!!)

Comment Posted by maroon10 Nov 28, 2008 10:04 AM

Timmy I think alot of that has to do with you as well. The league has become more about the play on the field. Its nice to see teams competing week to week and you have really stabalized the league. All the new teams we have bring great things to the table. From the All Stars style of offense to lining up against a former college QB. Week to Week presents new challenges and i think more than ever this year its evident that the team aspect of football will prevail no matter what happens during the regular season.

Case in point those guys from POW have been together for a while. There was nothing flashy about them during the season. But they are all on the same page and really won convincingly on super sunday.
Congrats and look forward to more football during the winter and fall for those who will make it out to winterball and indoor

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com