Forums » 2009 » Semi's like no other

Messages for Semi's like no other

Comment Posted by since 91 Nov 16, 2009 01:04 PM

Unbelievable Sunday as we played into the late afternoon.
Black came out swinging taking a 14-0 lead, yellow battled back as they always do to tie it 14-14 behind 2 huge penalites- one of them on 4th down when a Riles player did not have his flags on. They battled until Riles took the lead late on a perfect throw and catch just over the outstretched db's hands. Yellow somehow moved down the field with just seconds left and with a nice lineman to wr double pass tied the game to send it to overtime. Ovetime rules in the playoffs(8min OT(5run)(3stop) In overtime Yellow dominated the T.O.P and with another lineman involved in a big Td pass took the lead 28-21 with a minute to go. Black drove 20 yds but ran out of time and Yellow will be playing in there 5th Superbowl as they came in late and took it away from Riles. It was a great game to watch.
The Starrs-POW game was a physical, hard fought game. Both teams traded blows back and forth as the defenses both made stops to force the game into overtime.
Overtime was dominated by POW as they ate the clock driving down to the 7 yd line and on 3rd down the qb forced one over the middle only to have #21 jump the rout with a huge int. With no time left the game was forced into a 2nd overtime, 2nd OT rules in playoffs switch to sudden death with the 1st team scoring wins-no time. This is why I play flag, 2nd OT vs a very good and defending champions team for the right to go to the CHAMPIONSHIP. We drove it down the field and scored on a double pass from 35 yds out to win it 20-14. A game in which both teams deserved to win. A semifinal sunday like no other I can remember- Congrats to all 4 teams.

Comment Posted by falcon Nov 17, 2009 03:06 AM

James I agree these were 2 of the best semi finals games Ive have seen. Going to be a fun game next week.

Comment Posted by Y12 Nov 17, 2009 03:49 AM

I could not agree more, two of the best football games I have been around. Hard fought battles all over the field. I need to give props to my oline, they blocked well all day, not letting reil's rush get to me. Two deserving teams going to play next week for the title. good luck to starrs, I can only hope that the game will be as good if not better than last weekend.

Comment Posted by JSpence14 Nov 17, 2009 05:11 AM

Bobby, very well said. All 4 teams were very deserving, think it showed that these were the top 4 teams in this league this year and by a small margin us and yellow escaped with victories. POW gave us the hardest fought game in my 6 years in this league, we have alot of respect for you guys. Both teams left everything on the field, Reils and Yellow both teams did everything they could to win in the first game too. Yellow you guys have been around for a long while and continue to win. The respect is there for you all from my entire team no doubt, We will bring everything we have and leave it all on the field Sunday, I am sure you guys will do the same. Good luck.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com