Forums » 2009 » Superbowl Champs

Messages for Superbowl Champs

Comment Posted by yellow33 Nov 22, 2009 01:48 PM

Hell of a way to finish out the year boys. Awesome season!!! Way for everyone to step up and take it in the playoffs!!!

Comment Posted by Y12 Nov 23, 2009 02:14 AM

Great game yesterday, the way a superbowl should be played. Came down to the final seconds before a winner was had. Again great job to the offensive line for blocking all day long, defensive stepped up when it had to, three huge defensive stands throughout the day. Starrs played a great game much respect to them. Nice to have the monkey off our backs.
I think that this years playoffs were the most competitive games that I have seen in the years that I have been playing. Says alot for the league.

Comment Posted by TShea21 Nov 23, 2009 03:50 AM

Nice to see Jim Kelly connect with Andre Reed with under a minute left to finally win one. Bruce Smith, Darryl Talley and the boys on the D-Line also played very well throughout.

All kidding aside the Buffalo Bills comparisons can now be laid to rest. A fantastic game with two good teams going at each other. Congrats to the boys from Stafford who definitely earned their stripes and can finally be called the CHAMPIONS and cement their places as one of the best franchises this league has had. They've been in every superbowl at the new field except for one...very impressive.

Comment Posted by Automatica Nov 23, 2009 04:30 AM

It was a great playoff run for the boyz from Stafford. Played with alot of heart and pride, picked each other up when mistakes were made, especially when Glen tried to pass it downfield. WOW! It was a great battle for us and we showed alot of grit. Now it is time to defend the title with honor!

Automatica

Comment Posted by since 91 Nov 24, 2009 05:38 AM

Congrats to Yellow, you played a hard fought game. It was a SuperBowl down to the last seconds just how it's supposed to be. After 19 years in the E.F.F.L I have never seen such great playoff games, I hope the trend continues in 2010.
I really think to better our league in the future- no question we should evaluate the officials, we all know some officials favor certain teams and even players, it's very obvious, I have heard and seen it for years. New ref's that do not know anybody, I do not mean all the ref's, just a few. A scoreboard would be such a benefit, to be able to watch the clock tick and know exactly how much time is left is so important with strategy involved, instead of asking the ref every other play. I understand this would be an expense to the league and we would also need somebody to operate the scoreboard but for 10 bucks each this could easily happen. Whoever is running the league next year should start early on making sure we have 12 teams. To have a full league of 12 teams makes for more games and competition. If there is anything I can do to help facilitate these changes, let me know. Again hats off to Yellow, you deserved to win the game and be crowned superbowl champs.The Starrs will be back though, thats a gurantee!

Comment Posted by huskynation Nov 24, 2009 08:49 AM

Nice job yella !

James (and whoever else reads these boards now-a-days) - I was elected new Pres a couple of weeks back and I can say we definitely have interest enough to field 12 teams again. Of course things can change over time but we should be GTG. I can't speak for ref issues at this point but I can say that I have been looking into a scoreboard (clock and points) already. $10 - $15 extra per person might do it and that can be accomplished by increasing the league fee for each team at least $250. Some teams who aren't sponsored to some extent will surely feel that though. I can also say that it may be possible to get a wireless board where the time keeping ref on the field can control it in real time while on the field. Still looking at it. Also thought about a league fund-raising family event maybe at the field but I don't know how interested folks would be. May not be worth the time and energy.

I've had a few people offer to assist and I may take them up on it at some point.

I'll be sending out a league-wide email with the Pres update in a few.

Thanks

-Phillips (#34 Realty)

Comment Posted by Automatica Nov 24, 2009 06:00 PM

Rob,

It's Automatica from Yellow. Give me a call at 860 268 1565. I'll help a bit if needed.

Comment Posted by weeks Nov 25, 2009 01:33 AM

The new pres is who?

Comment Posted by b13scott Nov 25, 2009 02:46 AM

Rob Phillps, he plays d-line on Tim Sheas team.

Comment Posted by btweedlie15 Nov 25, 2009 03:14 AM

Shouldn't we be more concerned about getting a field that isn't slanted than putting a scoreboard up or finding new refs????

Comment Posted by huskynation Nov 25, 2009 05:44 AM

Brad - if someone could donate their time and equipment on that, I'm sure it coudl be done. Doesn't come cheaply as I'm sure you know. Unless there are other locations to be considered. Personally, field aside, I think this location has a number of attributes.

Weeks - winter ball a few times in past years...

Comment Posted by huskynation Nov 25, 2009 06:21 AM

BTW to all - I created a Facebook Group a while ago....Scotty B has been posting photos....

Copy and past link if it doesn't create hyperlink:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30313336&id=1038375110&op=1&view=all&subj=66012414260&aid=-1&oid=66012414260&fbid=1090881825775#/group.php?gid=66012414260

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com