Forums » 2010 » 2010 Sprong Tourney

Messages for 2010 Sprong Tourney

Comment Posted by WMFFL Mar 10, 2010 04:31 AM

Hello everyone

My name is Chad Gibson and I am the President of the Western Mass Flag Football League located in Springfield MA. I am reaching out to everyone to inform you of our Annual Spring Tourney hosts in Springfield ma. I am also seeking another team for the 2010 season. The WMFFL plays all games on Saturday morning so it would not interfer with the effl. If your interested in participating please reach out to me t any time.

Also I am looking to get in touch with the QB fro the suoerbowl champ effl team. If anyone has a email or number please have him contact asap. Thank you for your time.

Please visit out league site at.
www.WMFFL.net

Chad Gibson
413 858 5454
cg542003@yahoo.com

the next post will be info about he WMFFL

Comment Posted by WMFFL Mar 10, 2010 04:35 AM

Hello STFFL,

I wanted to take this time to invite all teams to attend the WMFFL Spring Annual Spring Tournament. Last year it was a great success with teams from Boston, Springfield, and Hartford. This year looks to be better as the list of teams continues to grow. Our tournament is very different than any other flag football tournament. Its more physical and the teams are pretty solid :vs: the FlagMag tournament where your playing against below average teams. Here is some basic info for your records. Keep in mind this information is not set in stone so it may change a little. I wanted to educate all of you as soon as the information became available.

---Fields will be finalized in the next month or so. Either in Chicopee MA or Holyoke MA. Approx 55 minutes from Albany NY.
---All played on a 100 yard regulation field.
---First and Ten. Not First and 20 like FlagMag tourneys. This is football.
---Anticipated date Saturday April 24th or Saturday May 1st
---Fees are $350.00
---Officials that will be officiating are all College level and High School level well respected Refs. Each sit on the Mass State Board of Officials.
---12-16 teams from CT, Boston, Springfield
---25 Man Roster
---8 on 8 all men eligble for passes
---Stiff arms are legal. (Not to Face)
---NCAA Rules
---No Hats. Jerseys with Numbers. Tshirts With numbers
---Sidelines are Live. (No wrap up tackling, must lead with hands)
---No fumbles. If the center snaps ball at QB feet and it hits the ground the ball is dead.
---Stripping of the ball is legal
---NCAA 1001 or 1005 Leather Game Ball. (No exceptions)
---55 Minute games running time with a 2 minute warning stopped time in the 2nd and 4th.
---1 Timeout per half
---Highest scoring team in the first games/round gets a bye.
--Highest scoring losing team advances to second round
---Single Elimination with a potential Toilet Bowl with two last ranking teams.
---Games will be held on Turf and Natural Grass.
---Winner gets cash reward TBD.
---Championship TShirts
---After Party

Hope to see the Effl represented in the tourney. Its a great time. If you have any questions please feel free to send me a text or email at the following:

We are also taking 1-2 more teams for the 2010 season starting august 1

Thank You for your time and consideration. Have a great week.

413-858-5454 (Mobile)
cg542003@yahoo.com (Email)
www.WMFFL.net

Comment Posted by WMFFL Mar 10, 2010 04:37 AM

The regular season runs from august 1 with the suoerbowl being on the last Saturday in November

Comment Posted by huskynation Mar 11, 2010 09:21 AM

All - we will be discussing this at Sunday's meeting.

Comment Posted by Y12 Mar 17, 2010 10:20 AM

Chad this the QB for yellow, whats up, email me at bbgrant12@yahoo.com

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com