Forums » 2011 » Week 6 Picks

Messages for Week 6 Picks

Comment Posted by Green #8 Oct 03, 2011 09:24 AM

Who wants to keep the trend going and pick against us again this week? Any volunteers?

Comment Posted by 12 years since 94' Oct 03, 2011 09:55 AM

God 7 - Second String 0

Comment Posted by jbiggs Oct 03, 2011 05:10 PM

SS came into this league and has yet to lose a game. For all of the other teams that have been in this league for a while, that is embarrassing. Trust me, I am not taking anything away from the young white boys who just fly around the field but it is amazing to me that teams in this league have allowed this to happen. I guess the league just isn't what it used to be. I hope SS runs the table again and shows all of the so called "veterans" that it's not how long you play, it's how good you play.

Comment Posted by Green #8 Oct 04, 2011 04:50 AM

jbiggs, don't blame the other teams. no team has "allowed this to happen", we have enforced it upon them!

Comment Posted by jbiggs Oct 04, 2011 05:34 AM

Can't argue with a team that hasn't lost yet...

Comment Posted by JSpence14 Oct 04, 2011 06:30 AM

Second String has been around for 3 years...they took over Green and had virtually the same team that year as they do now with their 4 skill guys and Bri at QB. My former team (Enfield Starrs) beat them that year...and they lost to the current team I play for (Reils) in the first round of playoffs.

Not taking anything away from Second String and they know I personally have alot of respect for them boys but just stating facts. Its been a hell of a run going undefeated last year and having a chance to go undefeated again is pretty crazy. Weve had our rivalry since the indoor days going back and forth every session. Sunday October 30th is circled, highlighted, bolded on our schedule. Stop picking against them. We want them undefeated come 10/30.

Comment Posted by Gelso24 Oct 04, 2011 06:55 AM

I'd call it about 2 full seasons since we didn't join until part way through that first year.. think we're something like 24-2 since we came into the league...not a bad start, and as you know the respect is mutual

now with that being said... after we beat you this year, I think it's only fair that you guys rename your team to "Third String" for next season.

p.s. - what's October 30th...are you throwing a party for us? I didn't get the invite.

Comment Posted by jbiggs Oct 04, 2011 10:09 AM

That game on the 30th probably won't mean too much for the playoff seedings but it sounds like the so called "rivalry" will be enough to make it worth watching. Looking at the schedule the rest of the way, SS should run the table up to that game. Speaking of the schedule, how is it that of the top four teams (POW, SS, Bearcats, BBD), the Bearcats are the only team that doesn't play one of the other top four teams twice? They play the Replacements and QS twice which are guaranteed wins by a strong margin. Who made that schedule??? At least the QB can pad his stats.

Comment Posted by 12 years since 94' Oct 05, 2011 03:43 AM

The schedule was "made" by way of teams dropping out at the last second. Now quit crying. Only one game matters and that is the superbowl

Comment Posted by 12 years since 94' Oct 05, 2011 03:52 AM

Anyone who wants to bitch about the state of the league, look in the mirror and ask what you can do to make it better. Young guys need to keep bringing in other younger guys and teams. For those of you who play in bubbles or other leagues, ask around. This league isn't run by a town, rec dept., or some other 3rd party entity. It is run by the teams and their representatives that sit at the table. You don't like the rules? Change them. 50% plus one vote at a meeting of reps does the trick. Want a whole new rule book? Same thing. Want to introduce down field blocking? Go for it. Want new officials? Do some leg work and bring a proposal...don't forget costs. Speaking of costs, we may have to cancel the "royal rumble" week the last week of the season due to lack of revenue with only 9 teams. Technically there should have been only 8 games each in the regular season. The schedule that we are using instead (which some like to question) gives every team 11 games and every team is down at the feild every week instead of sitting at home drinking milk on a bye week. If we have to cancel that week, each team still gets 10 games.

Either way, take some initiative.

Comment Posted by 12 years since 94' Oct 05, 2011 04:03 AM

One more thing...these guys that drop teams at the last minute. That is by far the biggest problem that this league has faced the last 3 or 4 years. That does more damage to the integrity of the league and causes more scheduling problems than anything. I tried to save those 3 teams that dropped this year but could not pull them together. Not sure how these things can be rectified other than requiring a deposit of maybe 50% of league dues by a date earlier in the spring/summer. And we all know how hard it is to scare up money from players...

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com