Forums » 2011 » What happened to commitment???

Messages for What happened to commitment???

Comment Posted by TShea21 Oct 17, 2011 03:57 PM

Perhaps that is what this league needs most...guys that can commit to showing up for 12 weeks a year...I find it hard to believe teams can't find 8 guys to play. especially a team that comes in and proposes all these new changes (i.e. Double Headers and extra games). are you kidding me?? how about worrying about finding guys make those extra games you begged for? we have guys that come from places like Groton and Worcester on a weekly basis to play. for this team to come in and be given concessions for extra games was a commitment by the league and the president to accommodate their begging and veiled threats about leaving - and how do they repay? by forfeiting games. guess they're done now and we know now who the 8 teams that will be in the playoffs - next year we need to find teams that can commit to getting 8 guys to games...not that hard to do regardless of where else they play or what else they do...

Comment Posted by 12 years since 94' Oct 18, 2011 04:11 AM

Exactly TShea. Because of the last minute withdrawal of JTN, I had no choice but try and accomodate several team's scheduling wishes in an effort to make sure we had no forfeits. It was, and will be, something I did not want to do but I did my best. I don't care if a bunch of guys have a club sport full contact football team at ECSU, you committed to this league. Make it happen. With 25 guys on a roster and the need to play with as little as 8..come on. I know losing BIG sucks, but not showing up shows little integrity. Obviously, any team who forfeits games is going to face the fire at the off-season meetings, I just hope they pull it together and finish. AND they owe money still. We don't have much wiggle room this year. Canceling the last week of games (aka "seeding sizzler") is still a distinct possibility if we can't make the $$ work.

Comment Posted by brown9 Oct 18, 2011 05:35 AM

I can't agree more. The one thing we absolutely always try to avoid is this: FORFEITS kill a league. Its the most unpleasant situation that can ever occur. It hurts even more when its a team that waltzes in acting like you own the place. Asking for game swaps, making excuses and of course acting like your going to suprise people?
You have good atheletes but an obvious lack of leadership. I waited 8 years to get my own team and when I got my hands on one I took it VERY seriously. I always put a team out on the field. We got noticed with 3 weeks to go last year that we would be getting a franchise and still put 24 guys out on the sideline.
There is no excuse for forfeits! If you are going to forfeit do the team a service and let them know for crying out loud. A good portion of this league has families and responsibilities on Sundays and well you basically just went and wasted their time.

Shall I remind thee of said post...from Mr. Replacement himself

just throwing it out there.

1. Bearcats. Good Qb, great Offense and solid D. Can score on anyone
2. Second String. Champs last year, enough said.
3. Pow . Made the finals, consistent team
4. Yellow. Good team.
5. Replacements. were new. and MIGHT surprise some teams week 1.
6. Ravens. Fast team. always in it.
7. Lakeview. idk. heard from the grape vine they wont be no push over.
8. Storm. with alot of practicing, keep there heads in it this team will move up.
9. White. someone had to be the bottom team. they need to stop the big plays against them and get there offense going in game

How about team #5 needs to learn to show the F&%*! up and play. The only way you might suprise anyone now is if up your team actually shows up on sundays now.

Comment Posted by Hoyne Oct 18, 2011 07:01 AM

owe money?? shit id say they're done if they don't pay by this week. at least then the other teams don't have to show up just to sit around for no reason..

Comment Posted by 12 years since 94' Oct 18, 2011 07:53 AM

they owe about $200

Comment Posted by jdibeneditto Oct 18, 2011 10:19 AM

well lets see to help educate some people and you know who you are. and i made it real easy for you.

1. rob should know we don't owe 200. its less.
2. Also its hard to pay when the person who collects and has the money me only makes 3 games. AND TOLD THEM ID PAY WHEN I GET BACK.
3. Mr. Brown. im pretty sure that post was way before i knew people couldn't show up, and i couldn't show up. people have a life.
4. I didn't even know we forfeited till after cause i literally am not around anymore in college and busy.
5. I told ROB that late games were gonna be an issue for our team BEFORE WE STARTED.
6. WE STAYED IN and could of dropped out earlier but did it to help the league out to have 1 more game AND 1 more team to play.
7. So the uneducated people who don't understand take a chill pill. We have the money and hope everyone shows up.
8. also yellow think of it this way. if we didn't play in the league you would of had 1 less game and not a win.
9. im really not trying to make this out to be a huge thing but. we have the money. and we missed 1 game that we said from the meetings in the beginning would be hard to make. Wheres the problem?
10. Also who ever said we were done? MR. shea. everyone travels that life. live with it. and the new things added in. just because you like to spend more money for less doesn't mean other people like to. that's why the double header was proposed. i mean that's common sense.
11. i really don't care if you want to make us the scape goat for this league its whatever you guys want. plan and simple they missed a week. yea it sucks and yea those guys messed up. i mean i dont know what you want to do about it know but keep bitching.
12. And agian the whole switching thing. we went over this already we said its hard to make late games.
13. Oh yea and with the ecsu thing. lol its not all ecsu let me remind you. people have jobs on sunday. o yea and maybe this too. PEOPLE play in other leagues.
14. ps havent been on here in a while either. so if you really need to complain. just email.
15. ps. yellow werent you bitching in the beginning of the year anyways. im glad if it was any team they missed glad it was you guys lol.
16. im sorry to all the other teams but you guys got the win. ill talk to them on Wednesday see what the deal is and we should still be good.
17. AND ROB you have my number last time i checked.

Comment Posted by jdibeneditto Oct 18, 2011 10:20 AM

well lets see to help educate some people and you know who you are. and i made it real easy for you.

1. rob should know we don't owe 200. its less.
2. Also its hard to pay when the person who collects and has the money me only makes 3 games. AND TOLD THEM ID PAY WHEN I GET BACK.
3. Mr. Brown. im pretty sure that post was way before i knew people couldn't show up, and i couldn't show up. people have a life.
4. I didn't even know we forfeited till after cause i literally am not around anymore in college and busy.
5. I told ROB that late games were gonna be an issue for our team BEFORE WE STARTED.
6. WE STAYED IN and could of dropped out earlier but did it to help the league out to have 1 more game AND 1 more team to play.
7. So the uneducated people who don't understand take a chill pill. We have the money and hope everyone shows up.
8. also yellow think of it this way. if we didn't play in the league you would of had 1 less game and not a win.
9. im really not trying to make this out to be a huge thing but. we have the money. and we missed 1 game that we said from the meetings in the beginning would be hard to make. Wheres the problem?
10. Also who ever said we were done? MR. shea. everyone travels that life. live with it. and the new things added in. just because you like to spend more money for less doesn't mean other people like to. that's why the double header was proposed. i mean that's common sense.
11. i really don't care if you want to make us the scape goat for this league its whatever you guys want. plan and simple they missed a week. yea it sucks and yea those guys messed up. i mean i dont know what you want to do about it know but keep bitching.
12. And agian the whole switching thing. we went over this already we said its hard to make late games.
13. Oh yea and with the ecsu thing. lol its not all ecsu let me remind you. people have jobs on sunday. o yea and maybe this too. PEOPLE play in other leagues.
14. ps havent been on here in a while either. so if you really need to complain. just email.
15. ps. yellow werent you bitching in the beginning of the year anyways. im glad if it was any team they missed glad it was you guys lol.
16. im sorry to all the other teams but you guys got the win. ill talk to them on wednesday see what the deal is and we should still be good.
17. AND ROB you have my number also last time i checked.

Comment Posted by jdibeneditto Oct 18, 2011 10:42 AM

Really too. lets be real. i really only see 2 groups of people getting pissy too. like this should be behind the scences dealt with rob and the replacements team. and the league should be focusing on the good talent and players in the league. Like SS undefeated season. Haven't seen much trash talk unless its trashing the league. and like i said if you want you can make us the villain but were still routing for teams in the league and to have good games. Hell when i show up i stay and try and catch a BCs game or SS game. That's what you guys should be talking about its sad that you guys are GROWN MEN and all have to complain about this when it should be a 1 on 1 conversation. How about you guys focus on the games that are played and players working hard playing them.

Comment Posted by Gelso24 Oct 18, 2011 11:03 AM

where to start... first thing is I guess I kind of agree with James that the financial side of this should be left off the message board, deal with that behind the scenes, after that I can't really agree with much else

you can't sit there and act like you did the league a favor by putting this team in the league... there's things I'd rather be doing other than beating a team 60-8, to be honest it was basically a waste of time. if you guys didn't stay in the league everyone would just have had a second game against one of the other teams that at least show up with good numbers and put a competitive product on the field

also, this has nothing to do about people having lives... you don't think everyone in this league is in the same boat? the point is, if you knew there was a chance you couldn't field a competitive team on a weekly basis you shouldn't of entered the league

the league doesn't need a scapegoat... 1-8 looks pretty solid to me... proved by the fact that the bearcats got knocked off by a team people thought were going to finish at the bottom as well as us being down 2 touchdowns in the 2nd half to the current 8th place team this past weekend. and don't take this as doubting your abilities because I remember you guys gave us decent games in indoor... maybe it'll take some time to adjust to outdoor but first things first, if you want to stay in the league you need more of a committment from enough guys that will allow you to at least field a team every week

Comment Posted by TShea21 Oct 18, 2011 01:13 PM

You should respect the league enough to have 8 guys show up on Sunday. Enough said - you cannot be considered "villains" because you haven't done anything in this league except forfeit a game. Whether you guys show up now or not I really don't care - this league has been and will continue to be fine without you. You are Replaceable.

Comment Posted by falcon Oct 18, 2011 01:24 PM

I didnt want to bitch but have to respond to this garbage
First thing yellow does not play in the regualar season just to get wins or pad our stats...We go down there to play football..I would rather loose to a good team than to play teams that play sand lot..We out of all teams know what its like to miss players..No excuses just play ...We have won games with our 3rd string qb who happens to be an o lineman..

Yes I was bitching about giving us 2 or 3 days notice that we would be playing that week..We still would of played though..My major bitch is double headers for a team that wanted more games..Never even heard a double header suggested in 10 years of playing in this league...Then some new team that no one know bitches and the entire league CHANGES WHAT THEY BEEN DOING FOR YEARS...What a fucking joke.. Last week no game ....This week we play a double header..the bearcats and the champs...I would of much rather played either one of them and lost last week thank a forfeit..or for that matter beating you by 30..

Between the forfeit and this weeks double header quite a few guys on my team said they had enough of this bullshit...To be honest I dont blame them..

Comment Posted by Hoyne Oct 18, 2011 01:31 PM

Deadbeat---I mean James :-) Just a joke!!relax

like gels024 said we all have lives and some of us even kids.... and ya i agree that money stuff shouldnt be posted on the site but i had to comment on it.

The problem is you knew the late games were an issue for your team yet you wait till the Thursday before to ask the other teams for a time change. this is not robs job and should have been dealt with right after the schedule came out and not the week before the problem games... like you said people have lives and arrange their schedules around games. I like you guys but don’t point the finger at the league or the president when you (team rep) should have dealt with it before the 1st game.

Im just getting on your case cause you picked us to fin last!!!!

Comment Posted by dontsleep Oct 18, 2011 02:12 PM

Wow I think that the fact you said "people have lifes" is kind of a slap in the face to the league! The league have tons of guy who have lifes that go way out and beyond to make sure that they can be there. That is a sign of respect to their league and team. When you go into any thing in Life your commitment is suppose to be there!As they say if your going to do half ass job dont do it at all!And if you knew there would be problems then why join or not have them addressed in the beginning?

Comment Posted by since 91 Oct 18, 2011 02:48 PM

Fellas relax..... This is yes, my 20th EFFL season, over 240gms, im old, ive seen it all, memories, hazzardville dawgs, riles, rwc, the old field, the new field, new teams, shitty teams, been there done that. Yes, this replacement team is pretty bad, no guys, getting crushed, but with some time ask POW, they wil get better, What we have to do is support this new team, i understand the bullshit that they bring to the table, schedule changes, double headers, not enough players, very frustrating especialy with the dam forfeit. Continue to help them bring themselves to the table so atleast they like others will see the league as a positive thing. Back in the day, there were 12 teams, 8playoff teams, crowded fields especially in november, what we need to do is be positive so that the future is a little brighter for the EFFL, we want that 12team very competitive atomsphere back not a crying 8 and a half team league with complaints and negativivty. Joe spence, josh 's dad won 11 fucking titles in our league, those battles are what we long for with dominant teams. By the way great battle last week to bearcats especially the oline, it was war up front. Anyway lets help this team instead of help them fold up like deckchairs and have 25guys just walk away.

Comment Posted by jdibeneditto Oct 18, 2011 03:12 PM

no i agree with gelso24 everyone has lives i never said you guys didn't. so your guys are more committed again not anyone's fault but theres. also i now know we do need more commited guys. i mean what u want me to do? i asked guys to show up and pay and i can only go by what they say right? so ripping a whole team as someone did just isnt fair. and hoyne its all good not upset. im just saying if there's money business talk to the owners and the field business its over man. its in the past move on mr shea and falcon. this talking doesn't do any good. And im pretty sure we never came in here thinking were hot shit or running the league. got SS running this league by what the records look like. ? and im lost again were do i put you guys don't have lives dontsleep? they have lives and just don't put it as a priority like most people in the league i don't understand how its a so called slap in the face to the league. did i say the everyone in the league doesn't have a life? think your confused. but its done and over with games in the past and i will tell them not to miss any games and since i cant be there what you want me to do baby sit them? so again everything's settled we will move on.

Comment Posted by jdibeneditto Oct 18, 2011 03:19 PM

I do respect most of the people in the league i do. there is a lot of talent. but honesty what you want me to do? i cant babysit them to show up and if they say there busy then there busy and they don't play next year. and dude seriously change is not always a bad thing. if you work, things change at work. sooooo. i mean i swear i saw on here that the wanted to make changes to the league? to falcon sorry to bust your but obviously things have to change. i just made a suggestion. didnt really bitch. i just thought of if were paying more money, y not get more games. that's all.

Comment Posted by jdibeneditto Oct 18, 2011 03:19 PM

I do respect most of the people in the league i do. there is a lot of talent. but honesty what you want me to do? i cant babysit them to show up and if they say there busy then there busy and they don't play next year. and dude seriously change is not always a bad thing. if you work, things change at work. sooooo. i mean i swear i saw on here that the wanted to make changes to the league? to falcon sorry to bust your but obviously things have to change. i just made a suggestion. didnt really bitch. i just thought of if were paying more money, y not get more games. that's all.

Comment Posted by 12 years since 94' Oct 18, 2011 03:48 PM

First off, more money doesn't equal more games in theory. The dues increase this year was primarily to secure this damn field one more time and it was a damn good thing we did that since we had more teams back out at the last second. Having said that, the double header thing was not Dibeneditto's sole idea. Others mentioned similar and most supported it since the only other option was to go all the way down to a 8 game schedule with bye weeks. They key was to avoid bye weeks, have every team down at the field on Sundays AND play some football as much as possible. Hell, I enjoyed the double header the week I had it...but whatever.

As for finance discussions. I really don't see why anyone would be oversensitive to this....Anyhow, the rules are the rules and we bend them every year when it comes to this since teams are still trying to get $ from their guys prior to Week ONE. Yes, you owe some money Diben...so does at least one other team. The fact is that it is a bad sign when a team still owes money near the end of the season and they are starting to lose players/interest. AGAIN, we can't afford to not gain 100% revenue this year...we don't have the luxury of balancing budget with extensive reserves.

Enough...let's have everyone show up, have fun, leave it on the field.....and look forward to a new beginning next year at a new field with new facilities and perhaps lower dues.

Comment Posted by LakeView22 Oct 18, 2011 06:06 PM

Wishing Lakeview got that win this past weekend... It woulda been huge against the best team in the league 2 years running... So are we gonna have a game this weekend replacements or what?? Not driving 30 mins for nothing...

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com