Forums » 2011 » indoor

Messages for indoor

Comment Posted by jdibeneditto Oct 18, 2011 03:37 PM

im pretty much posting up just if anyone wants to see it. i know there's one on Sunday in Tolland too but i don't know that one as well.

Men's Flag Football

LEAGUE DATES

Session 1(S1) November 1, 2011 - December 27, 2011

Session 2 (S2) January 3, 2012 - February 28, 2012

Session 3 (S3) March 6 , 2012 - May 1, 2012

Click Here to: Register or email us at sportsworld@sportsworld.cc or call us at 1-8-SportsWorld..

Cost/Session: $950.00 Per Team
Games/Session: 8 games, 1 playoff week
Game Times: Tuesday Evenings (8:30, 9:30 &10:30 PM)
Players: Over 18 years, 6 vs 6 on field

Comment Posted by Green #8 Oct 18, 2011 04:44 PM

quick question, you work at that complex? if so, you gotta do something to bring the league fees down, they are insane...i know for a fact our team will not be playing any indoor this winter with that nonsense.

also, that league is in worse shape than this outdoor one. if people thought the competition in outdoor was bad, i'd love to see what they'd say about these indoor leagues. showing up to beat teams by 60 or more every week got old fast.

Comment Posted by jdibeneditto Oct 18, 2011 04:48 PM

o yea i know its bad. i just put them up. i mean i cant complain cause we got a sponsorship but i agree its alot. like damn i wouldn't play if i had to pay that much. i wish i could find an indoor league that was cheap though that be pretty kool. cause the winter sucks.

Comment Posted by jbiggs Oct 18, 2011 06:04 PM

I have to chime in here. I played in the indoor league for a few sessions and although it was fun to play indoors with minus 10 and 12 inches of snow outside, the league is (as Brian stated) WAY too expensive. It does serve as a basis for a bunch of wannabee football players who enjoy the echo of their own smack talking. The worst thing is how they do the playoffs...three, maybe four games in one night???? Come on man!!!!

Comment Posted by jbiggs Oct 18, 2011 06:10 PM

I'll throw this out there....a bunch of guys used to get together every Sunday morning at Windsor High School (regardless of the weather) and play a two hour game. Doug (a.k.a. Doug e Fresh) ran this and it was awesome. Guys got to play with other people from other teams and played different positions. Not sure what happened but it would be a good thing to get going again. I saw some guys who were not accustomed to the ways of "flag football" really harness their skills. There was also good comrotiry as well as connections for the upcoming season. I think we started after Thanksgiving and went right to Easter. Best paret was there was no committment by any one player but we always had atleast twenty guys to have a game.
Best part is we could see the twins from Green go against one another!!!!

P.S. Hell ya to the Pool boys for beating the Bearcats!!!!

Comment Posted by jbiggs Oct 18, 2011 06:10 PM

I'll throw this out there....a bunch of guys used to get together every Sunday morning at Windsor High School (regardless of the weather) and play a two hour game. Doug (a.k.a. Doug e Fresh) ran this and it was awesome. Guys got to play with other people from other teams and played different positions. Not sure what happened but it would be a good thing to get going again. I saw some guys who were not accustomed to the ways of "flag football" really harness their skills. There was also good comrotiry as well as connections for the upcoming season. I think we started after Thanksgiving and went right to Easter. Best paret was there was no committment by any one player but we always had atleast twenty guys to have a game.
Best part is we could see the twins from Green go against one another!!!!

P.S. Hell ya to the Pool boys for beating the Bearcats!!!!

Comment Posted by Bearcats21 Oct 19, 2011 04:11 AM

Ya, indoor is a joke, we beat a tam 116-0 one time haha, we'll most likely be playing in East Windsor the first sessions because its so close. Jay if you guys end up playing Tolland let us know, its not worth the drive to blow these teams out every week, but if we have some competition we might be able to get a team out there.

Comment Posted by 12 years since 94' Oct 19, 2011 04:55 AM

indoor is just like a cross training league. No comp, plenty of exorsize. 6-10 guys get to split $110 PER GAME to put their knees, achilles, and ankles at risk. Then you get to wake up tired the next day cause you just finished a game at 11:30PM during a weekday. Oh, and if you make "playoffs", you get to play a bunch of double headers (apparently we know some people don't like those).

Resurrect "Winter Ball" which are FREE pick up games at Windsor or Vernon and get the same experience with full contact line and arguably better competition at times AND you get to play different positions in 8 man or even 9 man for a change of pace. No refs, so self policing. This is a better way to simulate the EFFL or even the HFD league vs the Indoor garbage if it is set up properly. Also it was key to building comraderie within the EFFL (guys from different teams playing together) as well as aiding in recruitment. They only drawback is when there is 2 feet of snow on the ground or ice....but you just postpone a week. In the spring it is great. Its basically spring training.

Comment Posted by Hoyne Oct 19, 2011 06:35 AM

we tried to get winter ball going last year but we only had 8-10 guys show up on any given day. with everyone playing indoor it wasn't worth trying to get something organized. It seems like the interest in indoor is fading and maybe this year we can get something going. I know the guys from QS are always interested in playing outdoors. I'd be willing to try and organize it but need a list of names and #'s of people who are interested. or e-mail addresses. a mass e-mail or text would be better then calling everyone to see if we can get #'s

Comment Posted by Rell Oct 19, 2011 06:55 AM

Hoyne yes we are always ready to ball so if you can set something up for sure this year let me know!

Comment Posted by 12 years since 94' Oct 19, 2011 07:50 AM

Hoyne you know I'm always on the call list even though I can no longer be an every week contributor...

Comment Posted by Gelso24 Nov 04, 2011 07:30 AM

If anybody is putting an indoor team in a league or is on one and needs a guy let me know as I'm pretty sure we're (second string) not putting a team in either league, at least for the first session.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com