Forums » 2011 » Week 9

Messages for Week 9

Comment Posted by Green #8 Nov 02, 2011 11:14 AM

So what's the deal? I saw Rob had mentioned that we sqaush week 9 and only play the "rivalry week" to avoid a team having to play a double header the week before the playoffs?

1. Obviously we'd prefer to play.
2. If this did happen, and Replacements won, would they be in? That gives them only one win, while QS already has a win and a draw. Not sure how fair that would be.

Comment Posted by JSpence14 Nov 02, 2011 11:26 AM

My personal vote, and I'm assuming vote from the Bearcats team is that we want to play week 10 and not skip over it. Simply put the one game on our schedule we looked forward to all year was Second String. Every other team had to play a double header. Was it fair to stick Replacements with the first ever double header coming into the league? No not really but it had to be done. There had to be a first team to have to do it, and now due to weather has to be a last team to go through it. If a week should be cut out, the week should be Rivalry Week in my opinion.

No disrespect intended at POW and I honestly havent heard them say they had any issues playing a double header Sunday (which was on their schedule all year long) but the competitor in me is not cool with cutting out our game vs. Second String. My guess is that those boys would agree, and would rather have their game vs. Us this week then sit home and rest for playoffs. Maybe Im wrong but I know Jason and Bri and most of that team is in the same boat as us. Rob the sooner we know on this the better.

Comment Posted by Gelso24 Nov 02, 2011 11:47 AM

Rivalry week just needs to be cancelled (pretty sure it is as I heard through someone that talked to Rob already) There is no point in playing it anyways. If we did and Replacements won they still wouldn't make the playoffs because QS has that tie.

Also, like Josh said, everybody else had to play a double header so I don't see the big deal that POW does as well. If they haven't said anything about it then it's a non issue. Hell, if they don't want to play 2 games maybe we'll take the other one if it can be played directly after our first one haha

Comment Posted by Rell Nov 02, 2011 03:21 PM

I agree everyone should have the opportunity to play a double header. Atleast the records for all teams will be even! If were not playing both games meaning the one we just missed and rivalry week what would the big deal be. The replacements still wouldn't make it in! Hey we've had all kinds of things happen and we made adjustments so just make one more!

Comment Posted by jdibeneditto Nov 02, 2011 07:20 PM

Yea to be honest. do i think we would make the playoffs if we had those 2 weeks yes. cause we got our guys back now. but if we don't we don't. alot of the guys had fun playing in there and pretty much with 8 guys a game. We had bad timing and we messed up in the season so if we don't make it. its our problem. we will show up the last week and play hard and have some fun. and i don't know about the rest of my team but i will be there for some of the playoffs to watch. lol QS just be ready cause we got a good amount of the team there this week. And im trying to beat the spread this week lol.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com