Forums » 2008 » 20 years of fun

Messages for 20 years of fun

Comment Posted by slatts Aug 12, 2008 05:18 AM

Most of you know that last year was my last year in the league after 20 years of playing. I just wanted to say how much fun playing in this league has been for me over the years. Yes I have won championships, 5 in total, but the best part of this league is the competion and the comradary. To be able to come down every Sunday and play hard and compete against everyone is what this league is really about. Then to be able sit around after and have a beer or two or three with players from all the other teams and just b.s. now that is what playing sports is all about.

I was lucky to be on many great teams throughout the years, but last year's team led by Tim Shea was the most special. Not many players get to go out on top and I want to thank my teammates, but especially Timmy for making sure to include me in our run last year. Now the bullseye is squarely on their backs and I hope they are up for the challenge the way that Reils defended their titles for years. It is hard to go from being the hunter to the hunted.

So as the season starts to get underway, take a little time before and after each game to look around and enjoy yourself. It doesn't last forever, as much as we would like for it to do. To everyone who has played with and against me, thanks for 20 years of great action and fun. I hope to see many of you down the fields and best of luck to all.

Slatts

Comment Posted by blu Aug 12, 2008 12:51 PM

From the heart! I been in the leauge for three years, and wouldnt know what to do on sundays with out it! I have been watching the leauge for 15 years before playing and Slatts knows what hes talking about! CHEERS TO YOU BRO!

Comment Posted by b13scott Aug 27, 2008 05:18 PM

slatts,
good luck with retirement, it was great playing with you for so many years... hope you come down and have a few.thanks again.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com